akqa COPYWRITER // january 2018 - present
- Writing conceptual and editorial copy for Nike mobile app, Nike.com and Nike emails.
- Working with clients to ensure all feedback is implemented and deadlines are met.
akqa FREELANCE proofreader // july 2017 - January 2018
- Writing original editorial copy for Nike mobile app, Nike emails and Nike.com.
- Editing copy of freelance junior writers for Nike mobile app to ensure clarity, on-brand tone, technical accuracy and style guide adherence.
- Proofing for delivery of all final editorial copy for Nike mobile app, Nike emails and Nike.com.
- Maintaining team style guide.
- Working with team copy leads, directors and project managers to meet all delivery and review deadlines while maintaining client satisfaction.
- Proofing copy agency-wide.
akqa FREELANCE COPYWRITER // May 2017
- Writing original copy following style guide and brand voice for publishing on Nike+ app.
- Working closely with editors, copy leads, project managers and designers to ensure client satisfaction with final product.
- Receiving and implementing client feedback for publishing.
- Managing content with proprietary CMS platforms.
BlazersEdge.com Features Editor/social media manager/Staff Writer/Podcast Host // May 2013 - december 2017
- Gathering research for, composing and self-editing several stories a week on deadline for publication, May 2013 – Sept. 2015.
- Assigning stories, handling feature pitches, developing and editing the work of several staff writers for publication on daily basis, Sept. 2014 – present.
- Recording, hosting, producing and editing weekly podcast with audience of 5,000+ listeners per episode, Dec. 2014 – present.
- Working closely with editing team, social media staff and writers to develop best practices and strategies while adapting to evolving news and social media protocols.
The Register-Guard Freelance Contributor // June 15 & Nov. 23, 2012
- Pitching story ideas, gathering research, interviewing sources and compiling into two original stories for publication on front page of Entertainment section.
Eugene Daily News Freelance Contributor // Nov. 16 & Dec. 8, 2012
- Gathering research, interviewing sources and composing two assigned story ideas into full- length features.
- Self-editing on deadline for publication.
University of Oregon B.S. in Journalism // Jan. 2009 - March, 2013
- Emphasis in news writing and reporting, both traditional and digital formats.
- Experience with news photography, as well as filming and editing news stories.